Is your iPhone, iPod Touch, and/or iPad operating slowly?
Does it take longer than usual to open/close apps and the home screen?
Is your Apple device freezing on you more than usual lately?
I have one possible solution that I call “the home button trick.” I have observed for some time now that many people I’ve encountered do not know about the home button trick, which works for me every time. To find out what all the hullabaloo is about and potentially solve the sluggish performance on your beloved Apple device, watch the video above.
More commonly-known troubleshooting actions for slow response times on Apple iOS include:
- Make sure you have the most updated software (Settings >> General >> Software Update)
- Update your apps to the latest versions (App Store >> Updates)
- Re-boot the device (home and sleep buttons simultaneously)
- Clear your Safari browser cache (either from within Safari or Settings >> Safari >> Clear History)
- Delete all text messages (Messages >> Edit)
- And of course, there’s the home button trick, which always seems to speed up the device for me
Hope I helped at least one iOS owner today!